* Churros, Spain: A popular way for locals here to start the day is with a meal of churros. These are fried-dough pastries which are dipped in sugar and cinnamon and then dipped in a thick hot-chocolate drink.
* Khachapuri, Georgia: It's a bread bowl that is stuffed with melted cheese and topped with an egg and a large pad of butter.
* Nutella crepes, France: Two tablespoons of sweet chocolaty Nutella spread has 200 calories (110 of which are from fat). Many street carts and restaurants there fry up batter in butter and make thin pancake-like pockets which deliver Nutella. The crepes are usually topped with powdered sugar and sometimes even whipped cream.
* Deep-fried Mars bars, Scotland: A Mars bar which is deep-fried is a melted chocolate bar. The Mars candy company feels that the deep-fried dessert is not in line with the company's goal of promoting a 'healthy and active' lifestyle.
* Ramen, Japan: Ramen has exploded in popularity over the last few years. It is a traditional Japanese soup dish consisting of noodles in broth, topped with a variety of meats and vegetables. Soup is basically a health food but the broth is made with beef, lard and oil that really packs a fat punch even if the noodles aren't fried.